From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-26 16:19:40

At present we have two types of toolsets:

1) Unversioned toolsets such as "intel-win32", which produce unversioned
toolset suffixes to library names, "iw" in this case.

2) Versioned toolsets such as "intel-win32-7.1-vc6-stlport-4.5.3" which
produce versioned toolset suffixes to library names, "iw71" in this case.

This produces a problem with the autolinking code which can take either
approach, but not both (or at least not both auto-magically, and this is
causing some regression test failures at present). In other words I'm
asking for some kind of consistent policy here; note that if the choice is
to consistently use "versioned" toolsets then we're committing ourselves to
constantly updating the build system and autolinking code to keep up with
new compiler releases. So, I guess I'm leaning towards "unversioned"
mangled toolset names, but would like more some feedback, so: what does
everyone else think?

Thanks,

John.