From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-28 06:13:06

Booster's:

It's apparent that several of us will just miss the 1.32 deadlines, and I'm
sure some people will be concerned when their code will get released as a
result, so provisionally I'd like to propose a schedule for 1.33 so we all
know where we are. Unless someone else would like to volunteer (and please
don't be shy in doing so!), then I guess that means I've just volunteered to
manage the release....

Regards,

John Maddock.

Provisional 1.33 release schedule:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mon 30th August 2004 [1]:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Deadline for additions and changes (other than patches to known issues, and
docs) to core Boost libraries [2].
Deadline for the addition of new libraries to cvs unless they pass all tests
with the core compiler set [3].

Mon 13th September 2004:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Deadline for additions and changes (other than patches to regressions, and
docs) to all Boost libraries.
Deadline for all new library additions.

Mon 27th September 2004:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Branch for release, no changes to the release branch without the release
managers permission (except for docs).

Mon 4th October 2004:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First release candidate published, actual release will be as soon as
possible thereafter.

Notes:
~~~~

1) There should be a few reminders of this deadline in the weeks beforehand.
2) The core Boost libraries are those that other Boost libraries heavily
depend upon:

bind
config (unless change is restricted to a single compiler, and can be tested
with all effected versions of that compiler before commit).
enable_if.
integer.
iterators (the construction framework subset only).
mpl
operators
preprocessor
smart_ptr's
static_assert
test
type_traits.

3) The core compiler set includes those compilers that are known to be
highly conforming, and for which no failures will normally be expected:

gcc 3.3 or later on Linux.
Visual C++ 7.1 on Win32.
Intel C++ 8 on Win32 or Linux.