From: John Torjo (john.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-29 15:40:43

Michael Glassford wrote:

> John Torjo wrote:
>
>> Neal D. Becker wrote:
>>
>>> I'm very interested in a good (simple) logging library. I haven't
>>> looked at
>>

>> it is simple indeed. Just think that the whole code resides now in
>> only 3 files!
>>
>>> your code yet, but you say win32 only. Do you know what is needed to
>>> port
>>> to posix/gcc3 platforms? Is the effort large?
>>>

>> No, the effort is not large. What I'll need to do is port the TSS part -
>

> Are you using Boost.Threads tss? Many of its limitations have been
> addressed in the upcoming Boost release, though unfortunately the
> cleanup issue in statically linked Win32 builds hasn't been dealt with,
> yet.

nope. not using Boost.Threads tss yet.
As I said, I've implemented it Win32 only yet - so I'm using
TlsAlloc/TlsSlot/etc.

Do you recommend I get the latest boost.thread? By the way, does the
latest Boost.Thread allow for static linking? If not, I won't use it yet
- it's really annoying (not having static linking).

Best,
John

--
John Torjo