From: Rob Stewart (stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-30 08:47:54

From: David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]>

> I recently got this request from the ACCU website admins:
>
> Please take a look at www.accu.org/terse/cpp.htm and let me know how
> the Boost library/people would like to be represented on
> www.accu.org/terse/cpp.htm.
>
> So I figured I'd ask. Anyone have an opinion?

That's quite an open ended query, but I took a look at the
current references and have a couple of thoughts.

1. The page lists individual Boost libraries. Is it complete
   today? Will they keep it current whenever new libraries are
   added? I'm thinking it would be better if they included a
   link to http://www.boost.org/libs/libraries.htm and leave it
   to Boost to manage the list.

2. There's no description of what Boost is, just links to
   downloading and checking compiler compatibility. Those links
   are followed by the library links, so eventually, the visitor
   gets an idea of what's in Boost, but not what Boost is. I
   think there should be descriptive text, such as the first two
   paragraphs of http://www.boost.org/, though that's rather
   long-winded relative to the rest of the ACCU content. Perhaps
   the following would do:

      Boost provides free, peer-reviewed, portable C++ source
      libraries. Boost also seeks to establish "existing
      practice" and provide reference implementations for
      standardization.

   Even that is long-winded, but how much more can be excised?