From: Rozental, Gennadiy (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-30 17:16:04

> "Rozental, Gennadiy" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Inn a light of recent discussion on earlier freezing, I
> have following
> > question/proposition:
> >
> > Is it exist in Boost.Build or could we add feature that allow us to
> > specify cvs tag dependency as a dependency grist?
>
> I _think_ what you're proposing is interesting, but the means
> of getting there may be completely inappropriate for
> Boost.Build, if I understand it at all. Why don't you try to
> say what you're trying to accomplish without trying to design
> the Boost.Build feature?

I want to be able to use regression testing facility not only for HEAD cvs
state.

> Are you trying to get cvs checkout
> actions into the build system?

Namely. I want build system be aware about different versions of
files/components and want to be able to specify which version I prefer to
use for this particular test.

> If so, why? What's wrong with doing
>
> cvs update -rwhatever_tag
> before kicking off the test?

Nothing. I just want it happened automatically on a computer that performs
regression testing, depends on a rule defined in a Jamfile.

> Dave Abrahams

Gennadiy.