From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-04 04:45:35

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:25:07 -0400, "Jeffrey C. Jacobs"
<darklord_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>A while ago I proposed adding a signed_traits class and then after
>receiving some input decided it better this be a property of some
>existing traits object, ideally "integer_traits" since only integer can
>be signed.
>
>I tried to contact some people to whom I'd been referred about changing
>integer_traits.hpp but never heard back. Otherwise I have received no
>negative feedback from this proposal.

As Dave says, integer_traits<> reflects an obsolete approach to traits
classes. My opinion is that we should refactor/rewrite most of its
stuff. Also I would like it to not depend on numeric_limits. If you
begin working at this, here are some small, self-contained, templates
that could (well, some of them) fit into the new creature ;) (after
making them mpl-compatible metafunctions)

http://tinyurl.com/2w97t

(the address points directly to a .zip file in the Yahoo! files
section - downloading will likely require that you have a Yahoo!
account)

BTW, I also wrote a new version of static_log2 which has no dependency
on numeric_limits and use a better algorithm (suggested, together with
a reference implementation, by Vesa Karvonen) than the current one. It
will be soon in the CVS.

--
Genny.