From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-05 15:47:44

Glen Knowles <gknowles_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Near the beginning of the documentation on the website the example:
>
> Illegal use of COMPILE_TIME_ASSERTION_FAILURE<false>
>
> Should, I believe, read:
>
> Illegal use of STATIC_ASSERTION_FAILURE<false>

  While error messages obviously differ from compiler to compiler, but
  you should see something like: </p>

  <pre>Illegal use of COMPILE_TIME_ASSERTION_FAILURE&lt;false&gt;</pre>

STATIC_ASSERTION_FAILURE<false> is "something like" that. Since I
don't know the intention of the documentation authors and I don't want
to encourage users to count on the exact error message, I'm not going
to make the change myself. Maybe when John gets back from his
vacation he'll feel differently.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting