From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-06 07:50:55

A test of mine is failing in the gcc-2.95.3-linux toolset with
the following:

ostream: No such file or directory

which, I guess, indicates that the std library used
by this toolset does not have a <ostream> header. Digging
through the regression logs, seems like the library being used
is SGI's.

Now, there is not defect macro in config/stdlib/sgi.hpp indicating
that <ostream> is not available, so my question is:

* Is this defect in gcc 2.95 known, and not an installation artifact?
* If so, is there any way to figure it out from Boost.Config defect
macros or some combination of these and SGI-specific macros?

Maybe I'm missing something obvious and this lack of standard
headers by gcc 2.95 is common knowledge, I just happen not to
have dealt with this compiler ever.

Thanks

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo