From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-07 12:10:02

SRobb_at_[hidden]

> I wrote that very thing a year or so ago for the purpose of testing if a
> base pointer type can be statically downcast to a derived type.

My problem exactly !

So I think this is what I need. Just to prove once again that no good deed
goes unpunished -

a) at a very minimum I want to add a boost copyright license and for that I
would need your name which wasnn't on your post.

b) any chance of this getting "boostified" with a couple of tests an maybe a
micro-review?.

c) I notice that the type_traits already in the library are much - much more
elaborate due to the variations in compilers. Any chance of this getting
subjected to this kind of treatment?

I'm now testing this on my problem.

Robert Ramey