From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-08 11:34:23

"Joaquín Mª López Muñoz" <joaquin_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Jonathan Turkanis ha escrito:

> > Have you considered
> > submitting it for fast track review?
> >

> Why not, if people are interested (note, however, that past attempts
> at submitting a scope guard library have failed.)
> At least the following would have to be addressed in order to
improve
> the implementation for submission as a public library:
>
> * Provide (an equivalent of) ON_BLOCK_EXIT.

Pavel reminded me about the problem with the __LINE__ macro on VC6
using (/ZI), and I'm not optimistic about finding a workaround.
However, I don't regard lack of full VC6 support to be a show-stopper.

> * The implementation should rely on Boost.PP so that a larger
> (and configurable) number of parameters can be handled.

I think this stuff can be delegated to Bind or Lambda. I'm going to
post a message about this.

> * At the point of destruction of a sope guard, currently it is
> assumed that the user provided function does not throw.
> This is a debated issue, maybe what to do about exceptions
> here can be handled by a policy.

I suggest two object generators: make_guard and safe_guard, the latter
catching all exceptions.

Jonathan