From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-13 04:00:52

Guillaume Melquiond writes:
> Le lun 12/07/2004 à 04:22, Aleksey Gurtovoy a écrit :
>
> [...]
>
> > > Maybe you did patch some Jamfiles or bjam?
> >
> > "boost\tools\build\v1\testing.jam"
>
> Great!
> >
> I don't know if it is actually necessary (or if it is even possible),
> but maybe a similar patch should be applied to bjam v2?

Most likely, but that's something we can worry about after the release.

> I have another concern. Maybe I'm overly pessimistic, but I think
> regression testers should restart their testing from scratch (rm -r
> boost/bin, or whatever it is called) now that the format has changed,
> shouldn't they?

If somebody is still experiencing the problems we were fighting, yes.
Looking at the reports, it seems that SunOS and Darwin platforms might
need it.

BTW, it would be nice if these reports' comments listed a contact
point.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering