From: Mattias Flodin (flodin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-13 18:51:54

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 07:41:04 -0400, David Abrahams
<dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> For the past year Aleksey Gurtovoy and I have been working on a new
> book, titled _C++ Template Metaprogramming: Concepts, Tools and
> Techniques from Boost and Beyond_.

Thank you David and Aleksey for putting time and effort into finishing
this book. I'm sure most of us agree that it's an extremely valuable
contribution to Boost and the C++ community at large, and that it is
sorely needed to give the industry some momentum. I for one know I
would have problems convincing certain employers to use many modern
C++ techniques if I couldn't put forth some literature on the subject.

As a customer seeing this book in the bookstore, however, I think I
would have one question: Am I part of the target audience?
Specifically, since it appears to be a book about MPL, does it have
something for people who already use MPL, or is it mostly meant to
introduce the library to people who aren't already using it. The
"target audience" section doesn't answer that question; perhaps it
should.

/Mattias