From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-13 19:24:37

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:

>>IMO, there's nothing wrong with using namespace std; in local
>>scope. Here's a fix:
>

> There is already workaround on top of the file dealing with gcc 3.3. I
> wonder why is that gcc does not put namely wcscmp into namespace std or why
> BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE is not defined?
>
> We need to figure out what is going on and then upddate above mentioned
> workaround.

You have to figure it out fast. The deadline is nearing. Anyway,
the technique I suggested, which we use in Spirit, is better than
your trick of hoisting the names into namespace std which is a
hack that should be avoided if there are other ways.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com