From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-14 12:33:21

"Aleksey Gurtovoy" <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Jonathan Turkanis writes:
> > "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> >> "Jonathan Turkanis" <technews_at_[hidden]> writes:
> >

> > By the way, I have an implementation of has_template_xxx, which
> > detects member templates. It works on all my SFINAE-capable
> > compilers -- seven, at last count -- but I'm afraid it's probably
not
> > standard-conforming.

> You don't imply that a conforming implementation is not possible, do
you?

No. But I'm not sure my technique is conforming. At first I thought I
could interpret 14.8.2/2 to allow it, but now I think the
interpretation is a bit iffy. Anyway, that's why I never posted it.

> > struct T {
> ^
>
> That's a really unfortunate choice of name. One of the MSVC 6.0's
> peculiar bugs is this:
>
> struct T {};
> template< typename T > struct her : T {}; // inherits from *global*
T!

> > typedef int kids;
> > };

Hah! I guess I must have used the same name when I tested it before.
Better stick to 'Thing'. Since I couldn't get it to work on VC6 I
thought the MSVC workaround must be just for 7.0.

So Borland 5.x is really the odd man out here.

Jonathan