From: Michael Glassford (glassfordm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-14 20:42:00

Jonathan Wakely wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 11:47:57AM -0400, Michael Glassford wrote:
>

>>>I certainly hope that Boost.Threads finally settle down in a
>>>stable form. The MetaComm results show that it is in such a
>>>poor state. http://tinyurl.com/4s58j indicates that not a
>>>single test passes. A lot of libraries (including Spirit) rely
>>>on this library and time is running out.
>>
>>Yes, I just noticed this yesterday and was rather surprised: I had
>>expected at least MSVC++ 6 and 7.1 to work, since I tested both of
>>those. It's not in as bad shape as it looks, though, since almost all of
>>the errors are the same:
>>
>> Cannot open include file: 'boost/thread/detail/config.hpp':
>> No such file or directory
>>
>>This file is in CVS, and has been included in some files for quite a
>>long time; the change I made was to include it in all files. Apparently
>>I'm missing something, but I don't understand why the file isn't being
>>found.
>

> Is it possible it's the stray DOS newline on line 12 of
> libs/thread/src/barrier.cpp ?
>
> The rest of the file is in UNIX format, but that line is DOS.

The line ending is an interesting coincidence, but though I've fixed
that one (there are others in other files) I'm rather doubtful that it
will fix the problem--both because it's failing with this same error on
all compilers, including VC++ 6 & 7.1, which work for me, and because
Robert Ramey seems to be having a similar problem. In another thread, he
  says "In reviewing the failure of the serialization library build on
Darwin - it seems that none of the include file can be found."

I notice that VC++ 7.1, for instance, is being called with the commands:

<output>
CALL "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\VC7\bin\VCVARS32.BAT" >nul

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\VC7\bin\cl" /Zm800
-nologo -GX -c -DBOOST_THREAD_LIB_NAME=boost_thread
-DBOOST_THREAD_BUILD_DLL=1 /Z7 /Od /Ob0 /GX /GR /MDd /Op /Zc:forScope
/Zc:wchar_t
-I"C:\Users\Administrator\boost\main\results\bin\boost\libs\thread\build"

-Fo"C:\Users\Administrator\boost\main\results\bin\boost\libs\thread\build\boost_thread.dll\vc7.1\debug\threading-multi\barrier.obj"

-Tp"C:\Users\Administrator\boost\main\boost\libs\thread\build\..\src\barrier.cpp"
</output>

and that there is no -I switch for the boost header files. Unless that
directory is being included by means of the INCLUDE environment variable
or some other means, this looks like a problem to me.

Mike