From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-14 22:29:19

Marshall Clow wrote:

> What I see is that the serialization library defines "std::wcslen" in
> "wcslen.h",
> even though there's a perfectly good one already available. This is
> conditionalized
> off of BOOST_NO_CWCHAR, which leads me to think that this flag is
> wrong in the darwin config.

> So, I moved it so that it is only set when building on GCC 2.95.x.

Interesting. I examined the config files for macos and was left confused.
It seemed to me that gcc 3.3 left BOOST_NO_CWHAR undefined while macos
overrode that with a define. But then the regex test runs a config test
whose results suggest that BOOST_NO_CWCHAR is not defined so I'm left
absolutely and totally confused. On top of this I now have some doubts
about my inclusion of my own definition of wcslen which I now suspect may
have been the wrong response to some other question. I'm not sure if Darwin
and macos are the same thing.

So your observations and experiments are very opportune. I want to take a
little time to check my usage/definition of wcslen ('til tomorrow). If you
want to double check the config for gcc/macos/Darwin that would be good as
well. I will also check the test results and make any other indicated
corrections as these issues are orthogonal to this current wcslen one.

Thanks for all your help.

Robert Ramey