From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-15 09:55:44

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 08:40:06 -0400, Michael Glassford wrote
> I've been mentioning this problem on the "Boost.Test problem" /
> "Boost.Threads problem" / "Boost.Threads status?" thread, but have
> been getting no help, so I thought I'd try a new thread.
>
> All of the Boost.Threads regression tests are failing due to an
> error like this:
>
> <quote>
> Cannot open include file: 'boost/thread/detail/config.hpp':
> No such file or directory
> </quote>
>
> The "missing" file is in cvs, and has been for a long time. Looking
> at the compiler command line, I see that the it contains
> -I"C:\Users\Administrator\boost\main\results\bin\boost\libs\thread\build"
and no other directory; looking at the command line for other Boost libraries,
I see that they also contain -I"C:\Users\Administrator\boost\main\boost".

> What do I need to do to get Boost.Threads to build with
> -I"C:\Users\Administrator\boost\main\boost"? Is it a problem with
> the Boost.Threads bjam file? A configuration problem with the
> regression tests? Something else?

Mike -

This is also failing on my mini-Linux test with the same issue.

http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-LinuxMandrake.html

It's interesting that if I change to the libs/thread/build directory and type
bjam the library builds, so it seems like maybe this is some new change in the
bjam system causing this. That said in date_time there is

      <sysinclude>$(BOOST_ROOT)

in the Jamfile to make sure the appropriate include path is available. I've
locally modified the thread Jamfile to include a this sysinclude and I'm
re-running the regression now. I'll let you know...

Jeff