From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-16 19:27:59

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:07:58 -0700, Robert Ramey wrote
> In review the test compiler status tables things are looking very
> much better. There a number of pending issues:
>
>...snip...
> 1) that the current directory while the test is being run is
> boost/libs/serialization/test and that the directory

> 2) boost/libs/serialization/example has it permissions set to permit
> file creation.
>
> Upon reflection it seems that there is no reason to suppose these to
> be true.
>
> I wonder if someone could check to see if this is the problem. Meanwhile
> I'll investigate what it would take to change the demos so that this
> is not a problem.

This is certainly not the case when he regression tests are run. The working
directory is actually BOOST_ROOT/status for all the tests -- so this is likely
the issue. Let me know when you have a fix and I will rerun for you...

> b) in several cases it seems that there is a build configuration
> issue as it relates to multi-threading libraries. This might be an
> issue with intel
> 8.0, and gcc 3.4.1 builds.
>
> c) I don't think that gcc 2.95 can be used with the serialization library.
> The error messages seem to indicate this gcc doesn't have templated streams
> and the serialization library requires them. Perhaps some
> combination of gcc 2.95 - stlPort might work. I will exclude markup
> to skip the vanilla gcc 2.5 tests.

Seems reasonable -- 2.95 is an ancient compiler. I see no reason for you to
support it.

Jeff