From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-17 11:57:45

David Abrahams wrote:

>>>Usually it happens when you tell CVS to use different line endings
>>>than your platform uses. The most common case I've seen is when
>>>people cross-mount a repository on Linux and Windows.
>>
>>Yes, but I'm not doing this.
>

> Are the files in question checked in as binary?

They don't seem to be in CVS.

Another possibility is a mismatch between what the end-lines in the CVS
client are set to vs. what the editor you use produces. For example if
CVS is set to CR-LF and your editor is producing LF only. Many IDEs
handle any endline variety, but at the same time they tend to produce
mixed end-line files.

In this case I think the change happened 3 weeks ago. If you look at the
history of libs/thread/src/condition.cpp you'll see that there is a
check in of version 1.19 which seems to have no differences:
http://tinyurl.com/653xz - That is what an end-of-line only change looks
like to the diff, and what the change I did last night also looks like.

Beman has a program which runs checks for this kind of stuff when he was
running the regressions tests: tools/inspect. Perhaps we can have
someone run those tests again?

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything