From: Aaron W. LaFramboise (aaronrabiddog51_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-17 13:54:43

Michael Glassford wrote:
> Replying to myself: I forgot to mention: it's easy enough to make
> threads created by Boost.Threads call on_thread_exit() after the thread
> function exits. Does anyone see any drawbacks to doing this?

Would this mechanism be able to deal extraneous on_thread_exit calls due
to the user-provided handler calling on_thread_exit (since an
implementation I have in mind would have no idea if a thread was Boost
thread or not)?

Now that you've formed this interface, I plan on submitting an
implementation for this function (that I mentioned previously) that I'd
expect to work on at least MSVC and future versions of Windows GCC, by
the end of the July.

Aaron W. LaFramboise