From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-17 17:57:25

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 16:47:57 -0500, Rene Rivera wrote
> > Don't know... I just ran the default for the inspect tool which does all
> > the checks. You tell me; Should I filter that out?
>
> OK, taking to myself ;-) I ran it again without that check. I guess
> that since we are unlikely to go change >3900 files in a few days
> it's pointless even if it was a requirement.

We've never enforced that every last file contain licensing information --
particularly the documentation and Jamfiles. By my eye this is the majority
of the problems.

I'm much more worried about the tabs and file lengths. I believe 31 chars is
the maximum allowed on CD-ROMs and MAC platforms. And, of course, tabs are
evil...

So if we wanted to filter down the report I suggest we throw out all the
licensing issues...

Jeff
BTW: I've already checked in fixes for the date_time long filenames and files
with tabs...