From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-17 18:20:20

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 15:22:30 -0700, Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote
> I'm getting a "stop the script" error when running the test for
> testfacet_dll (VC7.1)
> it pops up a requestor telling me the program terminated
> unexpectedly, and
> (unfortunately) waits for a human reply (which causes my scheduled
> run to stop after 4 hours (it starts at 0300 local)), so I'm not
> getting the rest of the tests run. I chased it down to a
> std:exception w/ what() == bad cast I'm refining where the error occurs.
> with the following patches to testfacet.cpp:

Yike...

>...patch snipped and test results...
> the log appears to show that this test PASSED tho.....
>
> execute-test

..\bin\boost\libs\date_time\test\testfacet_dll.test\vc7.1\debug\testfacet_dll.run
> 1 file(s) copied.
> **passed**

..\bin\boost\libs\date_time\test\testfacet_dll.test\vc7.1\debug\testfacet_dll.test

That's wierd...

Just so you know, we are trying fix this problem. Basically something seems
to go wrong when we imbue a stream with the dll version. The identical code
works perfectly when linked statically. Of course it works fine in a shared
library on Linux, mingw, etc. So it's odd that the dll version is flakey....

If we don't find a solution shortly, we will patch the test so it shows the
failure and doesn't halt things...

> I'm working on getting some better "catch unknown exception" code
> put together so it can be added readily to tests to keep this from
> happening in the future.

Where would this 'code go', in the script that runs things or patched as part
of the test code? If it's in the test code, I wouldn't spend time on it as
this will be resolved soon...

Jeff