From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-19 10:34:19

Martin Wille <mw8329_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Martin Wille wrote:
>> Any other suggestions?
>
> Would it be viable to modify the build system
> such that test binaries which ran successfully
> get stripped after they ran? Having the then
> unneeded debug symbols removed would help
> a lot.

I just modified it so that by default, they're deleted after they run
successfully. This only deletes top-level targets (executables most
of the time, shared objects for Python tests), so object files sit
around sucking up disk space. You can turn this behavior off by
adding --preserve-test-targets to the bjam command-line.

I did this after running out of disk myself ;-)

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting