From: Tilman Kuepper (kuepper_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-20 03:03:22

Hello world,

I'm jumping in, because I am interested in Unicode conversion facets...

> is there a reason why both program_options and serialization contain
> very similar files utf8_codecvt_facet.cpp?

I had a look at the serialization library's converter in
utf8_codecvt_facet.cpp
and noticed that utf8_codecvt_facet_wchar_t::do_in() doesn't check for
non-shortest UTF8-sequences. There might also be some issues on
platforms with 16-bit wchar_t (possible overflow).

I suggest using (parts of) the UTF library in the Boost files area to solve
those problems. This could also be another step towards an officially
supported Unicode library... ;-)