From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-20 10:44:13

Hi Marshall,

> Before I start debugging this myself, does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> For example, _all_ the program options tests are failing, with messages
> like:
> <http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-Darwin-links.html#program_
>options-cmdline_test-darwin>

The picture is clear. Boost.Test contains two sources: unit_test_log.cpp and
supplied_log_formatters.cpp. Both include detail/supplied_log_formatters.hpp
which includes test/xml_printer.hpp. The latter contains a class with a
static method, defined in-class.

Stictly speaking, that method should be implicitly inline, so linker's error
is invalid. However, maybe you could try adding explicit "inline" there and
see if some errors go away?

<RANT>

I really, really don't understand why it's necessary to commit new staff at
this point of release process. The file in question,
boost/test/detail/xml_printer.hpp was added 2004-07-19, which is *yesterday*.
Was there any pressing need for that? Should not Boost.Test be in complete
feature freeze for a month already?!

Of all Boost.Test functionality I use only 'test_main' and BOOST_CHECK, and
I'd be really gratefull if that subset just worked. Just mine opinion, of
course.

</RANT>

- Volodya