From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-20 10:49:36

Robert Ramey wrote:

> >>Yeah, I think that's possible. So I'm going to:
> >
> >1. put new header to boost/detail
> >2. put new source to libs/detail/utf
> >3. #include new source in program_options.
>
> Fine. I'll #include new source in serialization as well so we'll all be in
> the same page.
>
> Question. Does this not mean that this if an application includes both the
> serialization package as well as the program options package that some
> linkers will fail to links with a duplicate symbol message?

My current plan is that each library which uses utf8 will do this:

   namespace boost { namespace whatever {
        #include "../../detail/utf8_codecvt.hpp";
   }}

so no conflicts will arise. Using anonymous namespace it a bit hard, since
there's both header and source, and anonymous namesapce will be different in
them.

> I would also like to see
>
> 1. The documentation page and test moved to a neutral spot.

I'll try.

> 2. Could you examine my version and your version and reconcile any
> differences. Given Rene's observations, I made a pass and fixed the issues
> he mentioned. It's a could of changes but they are small and make things
> much more transparent and reliable. I've also tested them on a variety of
> compilers and feel much better about it.

Sure. Is new version in CVS?

- Volodya