From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-20 11:30:08

Robert Ramey wrote:

> I would like to
>
> a) make an "official" spot for it header/lib/ etc.
> b) move Ron's library into that spot. It's quite serviceable
> c) entertain "applications" for maintainers. Presumable it would be
> improved, and/or replaced with time.
> d) subject the next version to a review.

It can be first put into detail and then revieved -- what's problem with it.
The real reason why I'd like to include it is that when utf becomes real
library, we'll have the first precedent in the Boost where one compiled
library depends on another compiled library, and we need to decide what to do
in this case. On windows, autolinking might help. Shared linking will help
too. But we need to decide on complete solution -- and that's not something
I'd like to do now (when I have less than two weeks before vacation ;-) ).

- Volodya