From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-20 17:59:35
Synopsis 0.7 released
I'm happy to announce the release of Synopsis 0.7.
This is a major feature enhancement and bug fix release.
Among the more important new features:
* refactored Cpp processor (now a stand-alone processor)
* new C processor
* feature enhancements and bug fixes in the C++ processor
* cleanup and bug fixes in the HTML formatter (now generates
* new SXR cross referencer (see http://synopsis.fresco.org/sxr/files/
for an example)
* new C++ API for easier C++ backend programming
* Synopsis has been ported to (native) windows
An ongoing efford is to produce correct (and useful) documentation
for the boost libraries (http://boost.org). You may have a look at
the current status of this efford at http://synopsis.fresco.org/boost,
containing a reference manual for boost::python (this site is quite
For information, see http://synopsis.fresco.org
For (developer) documentation, see http://synopsis.fresco.org/docs.html
To contact the developers, see http://synopsis.fresco.org/mailinglists.html
To report bugs, see http://synopsis.fresco.org/issues/bug
Synopsis is a source code inspection framework supporting a variety
of languages (right now C++, C, IDL, and Python). Its main focus is
source code documentation, but effords are being made to support other
forms of introspection such as code generation.
Synopsis provides a framework of processors that can (via a simple and
straight-forward scripting interface) be used to construct sophisticated
pipelines to process abstract syntax trees (ASTs).