From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-20 20:59:58

Peter Dimov wrote:
> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>
>>Of all Boost.Test functionality I use only 'test_main' and
>>BOOST_CHECK, and I'd be really gratefull if that subset just worked.
>

> #include <boost/detail/lightweight_test.hpp>
>
> int main()
> {
> int x = 0;
>
> BOOST_TEST( ++x == 1 );
> BOOST_TEST( ++x == 1 );
>
> return boost::report_errors();
> }

Thank you Peter. After the release, I'll definitely move Spirit
to use this simple, no frills, test utility. The requirements for
such a facility should be 1) Works 100% on *ALL* compilers 2) Is
transparent and does not get in the way (you can pretend it's
not there at all) 3) Is 100% stable (no frequent API changes)
4) Is as simple as possible (less chance for Murphy's law to kick
in). IMO, Boost.Test does not satisfactorily satisfy these requirements.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com