From: Mattias Flodin (flodin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-21 02:43:06

> If someone wants to convince me that tinyurl provides a valuable service to the
> community, I am listening. If not, I kindly request that those people who are in
> the habit of using tinyurl reconsider it.

I second this. Once per week or so (on some occasions several times in
a week) I have been unable to reach webpages referred to because I
could not contact tinyurl.com. This is frustrating; I know the page is
somewhere on boost.org, and I know I can reach the website, I just
can't reach the middleman that's hiding the real URL from me.

If the URL is very long and you would prefer not to clutter your
message with it, an alternative is to make a footnote like this [1].

/Mattias
[1] <http://www.google.com/>