From: Stefan Slapeta (stefan_nospam__at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-21 04:19:05

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:

> P.S. I do remember about your complains about BOOST_CHECK_EQUAL portability
> issue. But I would not be able to do anything about it in this release. In
> fact I postponed almost all the changes till after release.

I was a little bit different and it's very amusing:

This fails on VC 7.1 and passes on Intel 8:

        char *p = "Hi!";
        BOOST_CHECK_EQUAL(p, "Hi!");

This fails on Intel 8 and passes on VC 7.1:

        char buf[] = "Hi!";
        BOOST_CHECK_EQUAL(buf, "Hi!");

Could you just add these lines to the test cases for 1.33 after the
release is branched? I would be very interested how other compilers
behave here (as I said once, Intel's=EDG's behaviour is strange but
correct).

Stefan