From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-21 10:13:45

Michael Glassford wrote:
> The latest regression results for test_read_write_mutex at
> http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-Linux/developer/thread.html
> report a number of different errors on different compilers, the most
> common being
>
> <quote>
> Assertion failed: valid_read_lock(m_state), file
> C:\Users\administrator\main\boost\libs\thread\build\..\src\read_write_mutex.cpp,
> line 218
> </quote>
>
> This indicates to me that these regression tests were run without the
> changes I checked in yesterday afternoon. Is this just because it takes
> so long to run regression tests that I have to wait for the next run to
> find out how my changes worked, or is there another reason?

A full run of the tests takes ~14 hours here plus another hour for
uploading and unpacking the results. Today, SF had shut down their
services for some time. Unfortunately, this was while I was uploading
and unpacking.

> Also, the only reason I can tell that the regression tests were run
> without recent changes is because the changes were significant enough
> that the assertion in question is no longer anywhere near line 218. Is
> there any possibility at some point in the future of adding information
> to the regression log indicating what version of each source file was
> used to run the tests? I realize that this information isn't directly
> available to the regression testing tools, but perhaps the build process
> could be modified to record the cvs version information for each source
> file it uses (not sure how it would get it) whenever it builds anything,
> and the information could be incorporated into the regression reports?

The result pages show the time of the check-out operation.
This information can be used for checking the file versions.

CVS allows for embedding a file's version number into the code.
You could use that feature for creating output as suitable for
your needs (this is of course less helpful than having it done by
the build/test system).

Regards,