From: Michael Stevens (Michael.Stevens_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-21 13:55:03

Stefan thanks for you work and the reply

On Wednesday 21 July 2004 10:15, "Stefan Slapeta" <stefan_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Did you see the __declspec(dllimport)? Should this be ok?
>
> test21.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
>
> test21.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol

I saw it but don't really know what to make of it! Essentially uBLAS just
makes use of the system <complex> header. How this result in an unresolved
symbol I don't know. My wild guess the they are normally for it the compiler
runtime, and something has gone haywire!

> "C:\Programme\Intel\CPP\Compiler80\Ia32\bin\icl"  /Zm800 -nologo -GX -c
> -DBOOST_UBLAS_USE_INTERVAL  /Z7 /Od /Ob0 /GX /GR /MDd /Op  /Zc:forScope
> /Zc:wchar_t /Qwn5 /Qwd985 -Qoption,c,--arg_dep_lookup /Qansi_alias
> -D_NATIVE_WCHAR_T_DEFINED /Qvc7.1

I am really guessing here as I don't have manuals! The /Z7 and /Qv7.1 look
interesting.
I think the /Z7 is specifying old style debug symbols which is a bit odd. I
guess they are usually smaller then the "edit and continue" symbols.

/Qv7.1 I assume is enabling VC 7.1 compatibility bugs and all. I guess this
adds a few extra bugs of Intels own. I not sure why the default build options
for boost have this in. Anyone know?
Do you think it would be appropriate to do the regression testing in the
compilers native mode?

Thanks,
        Michael