From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-22 04:05:56

Rene Rivera writes:

> Michael Glassford wrote:
>
>> The Boost.Threads regression results for meta-como-win32-4.3.3-vc7
>> at
>> http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/developer/thread.html
>> all fail because:
>
> [snip]
>
>> The reason BOOST_DISABLE_THREADS is defined is because
>> -DBOOST_DISABLE_WIN32 being passed on the command line. Does anyone
>> know whether this option is on the command line on purpose, or
>> should I consider it a configuration error for that toolset?

Probably it was motivated by this thread --
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/85599.

> That option is not in the toolsets in CVS. But given where it's placed
> in the command invocation it must be coming from within a toolset
> file. Which leaves the only possibility that Metacomm's toolset adds
> that option.

It does.

> But at the same time the Metacomm docs on this don't show
> it:
>
> http://www.boost.org/regression-logs/cs-win32_metacomm/patches.html
> Non boost files and patched used in regression tests
>
> So the docs must be outdated?

Nope, they are auto-generated, and the option is there (see
"tools\build\v1\meta-como-win32-4.3.3-vc7-tools.jam" subsection).

> Aleksey, what's going on??

I hope the above clarifies things a little.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering