From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-23 06:31:28

Rob Lievaart writes:
> Hi All,

Hi Rob,

> In a couple of hours I am going on holiday for week, and i have not had
> the time to fully automate the test setup, so I am afraid that next week,
> there will be no fresh reports.

Hmm, given that you have your compiler in PATH, simply scheduling
'regression.py' to run at a certain time should be enough. Did you
experience any problems we didn't foresee?

> I am going to try to get my colleagues to run the script a few times, but
> I don't know if it will work. :-(
>
> While on the subject of automating, two of the tests near the end
> generate a popup dialog about a division by zero error, that requires
> interaction.

Oh, this one is easy to deal with, at least on Win32 -- if you
download our build monitor utility from
www.meta-comm.com/engineering/boost-regression/build_monitor.exe and
Sysinternals' pskill from
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/pskill.shtml and place both
in the 'regression.py's directory, e.g.:

   my_boost_regressions/
        regression.py
        bjam.exe
        build_monitor.exe
        pskill.exe

then the script will take care of things like this automatically.

> I haven't had the time to look into it yet, but is this
> something with win32, or with mingw, or my local setup?

I'm afraid a dialog box is a standard way of reporting this kind of
things on Win32.

Hope this helps, and have a nice vacation!

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering