From: Christoph Ludwig (cludwig_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-23 11:44:41

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 10:42:21AM -0500, Rene Rivera wrote:
> David Abrahams wrote:
>
> >Rene Rivera <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> writes:
> >
> >>I get permission denied errors when trying to look at the regression
> >>outputs in .../developer/output. Seems someone forgot to make that
> >>directory+files world readable.
> >
> >There's a serious usability problem with uploading files to SF: you
> >have to consciously make all files world readable and group
> >writable. Does anyone know a way around that?
>
> Only way I can think of is to put an intermediate script on the web
> server that accepts uploads and ensures that the permissions are all
> correct. But doing that instead of using scp makes automating the test
> machines much harder.

If you can accept that all boost files are also world readable on your
machine then you can use scp's `-p' switch that will preserve the time
stamps and access modes. (Disclaimer: I never tested this feature with
a Windows scp client. And I don't have an SF account whence I didn't
try whether it actually works with the SF server.)

Christoph

--
http://www.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/TI/Mitarbeiter/cludwig.html
LiDIA: http://www.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/TI/LiDIA/Welcome.html