From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-23 13:49:58

This macro (and its friend BOOST_LITTLE_ENDIAN) definition appears in
boost/detail/limits.hpp. However, that file is included only if
boost/limits.hpp does not detect the standard <limits>. Thus, it does
not get defined for more standard compilers.

The serialization library makes use of this macro (in a test), so I
wonder how it works on standard compilers.

I could use the ENDIAN macros in some of my code to provide compile time
performance options (linux provides something similar). Is it possible
to move the ENDIAN macros into some other header so that they are more
easily obtained, and also do not force including a limits workaround?

I also imagine if they were actually included in more compilations, that
they could get checked for correctness and the maintenance of newer
platforms would increase.

Thanks!