From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-24 04:09:38

"Arkadiy Vertleyb" <vertleyb_at_[hidden]> wrote
> "Andy Little" <andy_at_[hidden]> wrote
>
> > "Arkadiy Vertleyb" <vertleyb_at_[hidden]> wrote
> > > "Andy Little" <andy_at_[hidden]> wrote

> OTOH, With auto you would just write:
>
> auto f = _1 > 15 && _2 < 20; // the compiler computes type for you
>
> And with the library we are corrently discussing:
>
> BOOST_AUTO(f, _1 > 15 && _2 < 20);
>
> Which is not such a bad approximation, IMO.

I will definitely aim to try it out in depth with my physical quantities
library in VC7.1, hopefully within couple of weeks. Two obvious points to
look for are

1) How easy is it for the user (ie me) to implement in practise.
2) How much does it affect compile times.

Because my library is not boosted it will be a more interesting test.

regards
Andy Little