From: Guillaume Melquiond (guillaume.melquiond_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-25 00:08:02

Le dim 25/07/2004 à 03:47, Stephan T. Lavavej a écrit :
> I figured out how to use bcp. See the results at:
>
> http://stl.nuwen.net/bsl.html
>
> I ran it on all of the directory names in libs, in current Boost CVS,
> except for CVS, python, and serialization - the last two gave errors.

The results are a bit off. In particular, files under the BSL are not
correctly detected. For example, except for a header file (and .html
files but that's another problem), the Boost.Interval library is under
the BSL but has "no recognisable licence information" according to the
report.

So it needs to be reminded that the correct way to express the BSL is
this one (just look at more/license_info.html):

// Copyright 2004 Joe Coder. Distributed under the Boost
// Software License, Version 1.0. (See accompanying file
// LICENSE_1_0.txt or copy at http://www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt)

The one actually detected (I suppose) is this one, which was seemingly
discarded at the time the license was discussed:

// Copyright (c) 2004 Joe Coder. Use, modification and distribution is
// subject to the Boost Software License, Version 1.0. (See accompanying
// file LICENSE_1_0.txt or copy at http://www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt)

If you want the details on why the first comment was better than second,
just search the archive around February 2004. I only wanted to point out
that the report is a bit misleading.

Regards,

Guillaume