From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-26 11:50:30

Toon Knapen wrote:

Message: 13
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:02:27 +0200
From: Toon Knapen <toon.knapen_at_[hidden]>

>Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

>> I think the most practical way to
>> approach the error is to simplify the above to the bare minimum
>> (ignoring the semantics for now), and see how the compiler reacts. For
>> instance,
>>
>> #if BOOST_WORKAROUND(__IBMCPP__, BOOST_TESTED_AT(600))
>> typedef
>> BOOST_DEDUCED_TYPENAME mpl::apply_if<
>> is_base_and_derived<basic_traits, T>,
>> traits_class_level<T>,
>> mpl::int_<object_serializable>
>> >::type type;
>> #else
>> // original code ...
>>
>> #endif
>>

>I tried Aleksey's suggestion above and it seems to improve the situation
>for the serialization lib on vacpp. I suggest to apply the suggested modif.

The problem is that the rest of the library depends upon the semantics of
the operation. So, I can't just roll in the modification and declare
victory. I can see experimenting as a way to discover an equivalent
formulation that will compile under vacpp. But doing this isn't practical
for me with a one day test turnaround. So I feel I have no choice but to
set it aside for now. Of course, if "someone" wants to entertain himself
with this little puzzle and has convenient access to the compiler - then I
would be very appreciative.

Thanks for your help.

Robert Ramey