From: Michael Glassford (glassfordm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-27 21:12:51

Joel de Guzman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has all the Boost.Threads problems been solved yet? I
> am still having link problems with Threads on intel-win32-7.1
> -vc6 (w/ or w/out stlport- 4.5.3):
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5c2dg
>
> Any clues?
>
> TIA,

Most of the Boost.Threads problems have been solved, but not all--though
I've been thinking that some of the problems still in the regression
testing reports might be due to stale test results. I have been working
on some issues today, but this is the first time I've seen the one at
the link you posted.

In the Spirit regression test that's failing, the library that's being
linked with, boost_thread-iw-mt-gdp-1_31.lib, looks like it might be
incorrect. If I look at the the Boost.Threads regression tests on
intel-win32-7.1, the library it's using is:

    boost_thread-iw71-mt-gdp-1_31.lib
                   ^^
The name without the version number in the Spirit regression test
appears to be generated by auto-link.h. I believe I remember that
auto-link should be turned off for regression tests by defining
BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB (as it is for Boost.Threads, apparently), though I
don't remember why it should be or where the library name comes from in
that case. Anyone?

Mike