From: Tonko Juricic (tonygeek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-27 22:04:19

Michael Glassford wrote:

> The next release will clean up TLS right after the >
thread function exits, but that doesn't work for
> threads that aren't created by Boost.Threads. If
> that's good enough for you, good! However, if you
> need TLS cleanup for threads not created by
> Boost.Threads, the DLL_THREAD_DETACH or some other >
approach is still necessary.

I see your point!

I guess this is more of a taste/philosophy issue.
Leaning toward "less code is better" philosophy I
would tend to take a position : you are not using
boost threads? Then it's yours, rather than boost code
responsibility, to clean up TLS.

I don't see anything particularly productive coming
out of discussing such issues here so let's put it in
IMHO folder.

Regards,
Tony