From: Tonko Juricic (tonygeek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-28 00:07:29

Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> That's often impossible: objects and threads are
> orthogonal by nature: you don't always control what
> thread executes your code. But as it is your code
> that needs TLS you may have to inject TLS variables
> in *any* thread that comes your way, and so it has >
to be cleaned up in a uniform way.

Let me try to understand it better. We start with the
fact that some parts of your code can be executed by
both boost and non-boost threads.

A stumbling block in my case is understanding how can
your code be executed by a non-boost thread unless, at
some level, you explicitly make it possible.

So, if I didn't completely miss the point, TLS cleanup
for non-boost threads is there to spare the programmer
from having to analyze complex scenarious and calling
sequences which may lead to a non-boost thread
visiting the 'unsuspecting' method on your object.

Tony