From: Roland (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-28 04:53:12

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:06:39 +0200 Bronek Kozicki <brok_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Roland wrote:
> > This would increase the number of threads seriously, since you can only wait
> > for a very limited number of objects in a call to WaitFor.
> >

> See also http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0499/pooling/pooling.aspx

I was not aware of this function until now. Thank you for pointing me towards it.
But as I can see (after a quick look) the callback will not be scheduled
to run in the context of the exiting thread. But this is a requirement to
be able to free TLS.
This is different to THREAD_DETACH which still is scheduled into
the exiting thread. This might also be the reason why one should call TlsFree
from there.

Roland