From: Steve Bobrowski (sbobrows_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-28 23:14:35

Hi,

I did some development with libboost_regex-gcc.so (1.31.0) on a Linux
platform: no problems.
However, when I try to compile on FreeBSD, I get the following errors:

g++ -o myprog Unit1.o Unit2.o /usr/local/lib/libboost_regex-gcc.so

/usr/local/lib/libboost_regex-gcc.so: undefined reference to
'pthread_mutex_unlock'
/usr/local/lib/libboost_regex-gcc.so: undefined reference to
'pthread_mutex_destroy'
/usr/local/lib/libboost_regex-gcc.so: undefined reference to
'pthread_mutex_lock'
/usr/local/lib/libboost_regex-gcc.so: undefined reference to
'pthread_mutex_init'

I've installed Boost on the FreeBSD platform using both the ports package
available from freebsd.org and the source from boost.org. Both yield the
same results.

Any ideas appreciated, as I am not that experienced with C++, Boost, and
cross-platform deployment.

Thanks,
Steve