From: Guillaume Melquiond (guillaume.melquiond_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-29 07:20:55

Le jeu 29/07/2004 à 12:30, John Maddock a écrit :
> > with the current cvs-version (7/23/2004) i can't build the thread
> > library with stlport 4.5.3 and msvc60.
>
> [snipped]
>
> > Sorry about the german error-text. it's something about: can't convert
> > char[22] to 'class _STL::invalid_argument'
> >
> > I don't know that wrong about:
> > throw std::invalid_argument("count cannot be zero.");
>
> I suspect the header needs to include <string>, note that while <stdexcept>
> needs to forward declare std::basic_string, it doesn't need the full
> definition, while the code that generates the error does.

I'm interested in knowing if this solution does work. The Boost.Interval
library always had (and still has) this kind of error in the regression
logs for STLPort-4.5.3. However I couldn't reproduce it with my own
version of STLPort. And since nobody seemed to care about this
particular platform, I supposed that it was a bug in the old version of
STLPort that was later corrected. I would be glad to learn it's only a
matter of including <string>. Can anybody confirm that by simply adding
#include <string> the compilers don't complain anymore about this kind
of error?

Regards,

Guillaume