From: Reece Dunn (msclrhd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-29 08:38:49

Jeff Garland wrote:
>On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:41:22 -0600, Jonathan Turkanis wrote
> > "Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> > > On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:19:38 -0600, Jonathan Turkanis wrote
> > > (I was able to do it with right mouse on the right pane, open in new
> > > window/tab). However, is there a way to get the address bar to
> > point to the
> > > right frame instead of the left pane so that the current URL is
> > immediately
> > > accessible? My major objection to frames is that I can't see and
> > grab the
> > > current URL...
> >
> > I agree. See http://tinyurl.com/3sdu6.
>
>Thanks, for the pointer on sync. I didn't read all the rationale. I wish I
>could come up with a more intuitive name -- it didn't hit me at first what
>sync was for. Anyway, I was using Firefox 0.9.1 on Linux. I tested a
>couple
>more browsers: Galeon 1.3.12 and Epiphany 1.0.7 automatically sync -- very
>cool! Konqueror 3.2.0 does not :(

Would it be possible to do the sync automatically via the JavaScript
control? It could be possible to do something like:

With load performing the URL redirection and synchronisation. I am not sure
how portable this would be, but having it done automatically would mean that
there would be less confusion and a simpler interface.

>Oh, and I'm of course in support of boost-book initiatives to generate
>these
>capabilties -- after all, transformation to various forms is the whole
>point
>of getting the docs into xml...

Exactly.

Regards,