From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-30 09:35:33

"Jonathan Turkanis" <technews_at_[hidden]> writes:

> "Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]> wrote in message:
>
>> Thanks, for the pointer on sync. I didn't read all the rationale. I
> wish I
>> could come up with a more intuitive name -- it didn't hit me at
> first what
>> sync was for.
>
> Yeah, I know. I can't think of one either.
>
> Maybe a 'tool tip' could clear things up -- but I'm afraid this would
> fall into the 'just annoying in general' category.

  [link to this page]

It should do two things:

   1. Copy the link to the clipboard if possible
   2. Display the link in the address field of the browser

It should have a tooltip that tells you what it will do.

Ideally of course there would be no need for this link and we'd
always see a linkable address in the browser's address field. I take
it this is only possible on some browsers?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting