From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-30 09:42:14

Joel de Guzman <joel_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Yes. And I found out why:
>
> <quote>
> It's highly recommended not to access your repository (that was
> checked out with TortoiseCVS, CVSNT or WinCVS) using Unix-style CVS
> clients (like Linux's or Cygwin's) because of line ending
> incompatibilities.

When you install Cygwin, you get the choice of whether to use Windows
newlines or Unix newlines. The only reason I can see that you might
want to use Unix newlines is if you were going to cross-mount your CVS
tree between a Windows and a Unix box. If you set Cygwin to use
Windows newlines you won't have these problems.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting