From: Falk Hueffner (hueffner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-30 13:59:05

Alexander Terekhov <terekhov_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Falk Hueffner wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> the boost license (http://www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt) does not
>> allow redistributing modified versions. Is that intentional or an
>> oversight?
>
> I also thought that this is a bug. Boost's lawyer(s) got it right.
>
> No "redistribution" permission needed. It's all in the 17 USC 109.

I don't see that in the text. Can you point to the specific part?

Anyway, even if it follows from some law text, why is redistribution
of unmodified copies then allowed explicitely?

Moreover, I really don't think it fits the description

* Must be simple to read and understand.

if one is expected to additionally read and understand part of the US
copyright law.

Why not just save a lot of misunderstandings and spell this out?

--
	Falk